Full support for DOS on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and Windows Terminal Server 2008, 2003. Printing from DOS and parallel port (LPT) to any printer, including fax, PDF, image files and Word document files.
The Tao ExDOS line of products is a comprehensive and commercially proven solution for DOS and Win16bit based applications under Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and Windows Terminal Servers 2008 and 2003. The technology used in Tao ExDOS products is proprietary and is not available in any other products on the market.
The software engines used for Tao ExDOS have been developed and debugged for over 8 years and comprehensively tested for full support and flawless operation in any environment.
The Tao ExDOS line of products covers any number of issues encountered daily by DOS users under modern operating systems, such as:
- Support for Windows 7 64-bit using the Microsoft Virtual PC Windows XP Mode!
- Running DOS applications in a simulated native environment.
- Allowing DOS applications to run in Full Screen mode, also under Windows 8, 7 and Vista with the Aero user interface enabled.
- Printing to any printer, including WinPrinters, Fax, PDF, image (GIF, TIFF, JPEG, BMP) and document (Word, RTF, HTML, Text) files.
- Enhancing printing from DOS applications with advanced features such as adding company logo images, header and footer text, as well as allowing changes to the margins and rotation of the printed documents.
- Running DOS applications under multi-user environments, such as Windows Terminal Server.
- Running DOS applications directly on Windows 7 32-bit versions. On Windows 7 64-bit versions it is possible to run DOS applications directly from the desktop by using the required Virtual XP Mode.
- Dongle support enabling the use of Parallel (LPT) and USB protection dongles, using the on-board parallel port as well as 3rd party PCI / PCMCIA / Express adaptors.
- Enabling the DOS applications to connect to 3rd party devices using the Serial (COM) Port.
- Display and printing of non-English codepages (languages) as well as ANSI codepages.
- Enhancing the performance of DOS application, a critical issue under multi-user environments such as Windows Terminal Servers.
- Enhancing the use of keyboard and mouse in DOS applications.
- Solving many common Runtime and NTVDM errors.
- Solving many display problems.
- Allowing full control of memory and environment space provided for the DOS application.
- Enhancing the Window display mode, as well as allowing selection of the font used for the display from the Windows font library.
- Securing the applications using an Administrator or User password, disabling non-authorized users from running the applications.
- Many more features... For a full comparison of the available versions, please check the Product Comparison page.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) (1)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit) (1)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) (1)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Server (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server (32-bit)
(1) 64-bit support is available on Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 via any virtual machine solution running a 32-bit operating system (eg: Virtual XP Mode provided for free by Microsoft). Read more.
The Tao ExDOS line of products includes the following versions:
To compare the different products, please see this page.
Tao ExDOS products are always evolving with new features constantly added to the arsenal of solutions. A sophisticated automated update system ensures the product is always up to date without any intervention from the user.
The Tao ExDOS products have been fully tested and are being used by thousands of customers in the private and commercial sectors, in organizations ranging from SMB to Enterprise, as well as in government and public service offices.
Copyright © 1995-2019 Tao Software Development Company. All Rights Reserved.