Full support for printing from DOS and parallel port (LPT) to any printer on any connection, PDF documents, fax and image files.
Tao ExDOS Print is a comprehensive printing solution for DOS applications. The product allows the DOS application to print to any printer, including printers without support for DOS, direct printing to Fax, PDF documents (a 3rd party PDF conversion software is required) and image files (GIF, TIFF, JPEG and BMP).
The product supports all common printer codepages used in DOS applications.
The product allows the user to run a background Printing Monitor which captures any printing sent from a DOS application. If multiple DOS applications are used which need specific printer settings, a shortcut can be created for every DOS application with its own printer settings.
Tao ExDOS Print includes the following features:
- Printing to any printer, including printers without support for DOS.
- Printing directly to Fax, using the Windows Fax engine, All-In-One printers with Fax and any 3rd party software fax solution.
- Printing to PDF documents using 3rd party PDF conversion software (such as Adobe Acrobat Professional).
- Printing directly to image files in GIF, TIFF, JPEG and BMP formats.
- Printing to printers using any connection (USB, LPT, Network and TCP/IP) including Windows Terminal Server session printers.
- Captures printed documents sent to any LPT port.
- Supports all common printer codepages used in DOS application (Epson FX-80, HP PCL and IBM ProPrinter) thus ensuring compatibility with any DOS application.
- Adding logo images to any printed document.
- Adding header and footer text to any printed document.
- Allows manipulation of the printed document such as Portrait or Landscape printing, setting the margins for the printed text and setting the number of lines per page and characters per line.
- Fully supports graphical printing from DOS application, such as drawings and graphs.
- Allows replacement of text strings in the printed document.
- Solves many printing issues, such as printed documents which are spread to multiple pages, printer delays, printer errors in the DOS application and removing unnecessary characters.
- Allows inserting printer commands at the start and end of every printed page.
Operation and Display Features
- Enables the DOS application to be displayed in Full Screen and Window mode.
- Allows the user to choose the size of the displayed font in Window mode.
- Allows display of the DOS application in ANSI codepages.
- Enhances performance for the DOS application, a critical issue in multiple-user environments such as Windows Terminal Server.
- Allows full control of memory and environment space provided for the DOS application.
- Allows mapping of standard Shortcut Keys to the DOS application instead of the operating system.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) (1)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit) (1)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) (1)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Server (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server (32-bit)
(1) 64-bit support is available on Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 via any virtual machine solution running a 32-bit operating system (eg: Virtual XP Mode provided for free by Microsoft). Read more.
The Tao ExDOS line of products includes the following versions:
To compare the different products, please see this page.
Tao ExDOS products are always evolving with new features constantly added to the arsenal of solutions.
The Tao ExDOS products have been fully tested and are being used by thousands of customers in the private and commercial sectors, in organizations ranging from SMB to Enterprise, as well as in government and public service offices.
Copyright © 1995-2019 Tao Software Development Company. All Rights Reserved.