Full support for DOS on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and Windows Terminal Server 2008, 2003. Printing from DOS and parallel port (LPT) to any printer, including fax, PDF, image files and Word document files.
Tao ExDOS Ultimate is the flagship of the Tao ExDOS line of products. It is the most comprehensive solution for running and printing from DOS applications. The product allows flawless operation of DOS applications under Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and Windows Terminal Servers.
The product allows the DOS application to print to any printer, including WinPrinters without support for DOS, direct printing to Fax, PDF documents (a 3rd party PDF conversion software is required), image files (GIF, TIFF, JPEG and BMP) and document files (Word, RTF, HTML and Text). The product supports the most common printer codepages used in DOS applications.
The performance of DOS applications is greatly enhanced, allowing the user to work simultaneously with any number of DOS or Windows applications without delays or system lags. This greatly reduces system stress in multi-user environments such as Windows Terminal Servers.
The product allows use of external devices such as Parallel (LPT) and USB protection dongles and Serial (COM) port devices.
The display of DOS applications is greatly improved, allowing work in Full Screen, Window and proprietary Enhanced Full Screen or Window mode. The product also supports display of many non-English codepages (languages).
Tao ExDOS Ultimate includes the following features:
Hardware Access Features
- The proprietary Tao Port Bridge and Tao Direct I/O Hardware Access engines enable the DOS application to use external hardware devices such as Parallel (LPT) protection dongles and Serial (COM) port devices.
- Dongle support allows the use of parallel (LPT) and USB protection dongles with on-board LPT ports as well as external PCI / PCMCIA / Express adaptors.
Operation and Display Features
- Support for Windows 7 64-bit using the Microsoft Virtual PC Windows XP Mode! Read more.
- Provides a native runtime environment for the DOS applications.
- Enables the DOS application to be displayed in Full Screen and Window mode.
- Allows the DOS application to be displayed in our proprietary Enhanced Window and Full Screen modes, allowing selection of the font for the display from the Windows Fonts library. The Enhanced display modes also allow free resizing of the window for the comfort of the user.
- Enables the DOS application to display many different non-English codepages (languages) allowing use of applications from foreign markets.
- Allows display of the DOS application in ANSI codepages.
- Allows the keyboard cursor (caret) to be displayed in applications where it is not visible.
- Enhances performance for the DOS application, a critical issue in multiple-user environments such as Windows Terminal Server.
- Allows full control of memory and environment space provided for the DOS application.
- Fixes all crashes and hangs in DOS applications.
- Solves incompatibility issues with Windows applications.
- Allows securing the applications using an Administrator or User password, disabling non-authorized users from running the applications.
- Allows mapping of standard Shortcut Keys to the DOS application instead of the operating system.
- Allows mapping of all mouse buttons to specific keyboard actions in DOS applications.
- Allows mouse cursor movement acceleration in DOS applications.
- Printing directly to document files (Word, RTF, HTML and Text).
- Printing to any printer, including WinPrinters without support for DOS.
- Printing directly to Fax, using the Windows Fax engine, All-In-One printers with Fax and any 3rd party software fax solution.
- Printing to PDF documents using 3rd party PDF conversion software (such as Adobe Acrobat Professional).
- Printing directly to image files in GIF, TIFF, JPEG and BMP formats.
- Printing to printers using any connection (USB, LPT, Network and TCP/IP) including Windows Terminal Server session printers.
- Allows the user to immediately Email the printed document as embedded text or attached file as soon as the document is printed.
- Captures printed documents sent to any LPT port.
- Supports the most common printer codepages used in DOS application (Epson FX-80, HP PCL and IBM ProPrinter) thus ensuring compatibility with any DOS application.
- Adding logo images to any printed document.
- Adding header and footer text to any printed document.
- Allows manipulation of the printed document such as Portrait or Landscape printing, setting the margins for the printed text and setting the number of lines per page and characters per line.
- Fully supports graphical printing from DOS application, such as drawings and graphs.
- Allows replacement of text strings in the printed document.
- Solves many printing issues, such as printed documents which are spread to multiple pages, printer delays, printer errors in the DOS application and removing unnecessary characters.
- Allows inserting printer commands at the start and end of every printed page.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) (1)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit) (1)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) (1)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Server (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server (32-bit)
(1) 64-bit support is available on Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 via any virtual machine solution running a 32-bit operating system (eg: Virtual XP Mode provided for free by Microsoft). Read more.
The Tao ExDOS line of products includes the following versions:
To compare the different products, please see this page.
Tao ExDOS products are always evolving with new features constantly added to the arsenal of solutions.
The Tao ExDOS products have been fully tested and are being used by thousands of customers in the private and commercial sectors, in organizations ranging from SMB to Enterprise, as well as in government and public service offices.
Copyright © 1995-2019 Tao Software Development Company. All Rights Reserved.